ITHACA participated to the VIII Congress of the Italian Remote Sensing Association
ITHACA participated to the VIII Congress of the Italian Remote Sensing Association (AIT) held in Palermo from 22 to 24 June 2016.
Seven contributions were presented by ITHACA staff as oral or poster presentations, mainly dealing with Satellite Remote Sensing and Emergency management, focusing on different types of disasters.
The titles of the contributions are:
- Aggregated measurements at different spatial and temporal levels using PostGIS Raster
- A quality comparison between datasets produced by experts and by crowd in emergency mapping, aimed at evaluating a possible service integration - The 2015 Nepal earthquake case study
- Definition of cartographic standards for UNESCO cultural heritage sites and integration with open data
- Drought index: production and dissemination technique
- Open satellite imagery covering Sicily Region. Archive data availability and exploitation for environmental analyses
- Software development for rapid classification of burnt areas
- The approach to data processing and sharing of the Extreme Rainfall Detection System
- The crowdsourcing role in analyzing remotely sensed data for emergency management